Earn the FAC-C-DS certification and up to 80 Continuous Learning Points (CLP) by mastering the skills needed for successful procurements in today’s digital world.
Learn how to be an ambassador for procurement modernization within your agency, resulting in better partnership with vendors, fewer failed contracts, and faster delivery of value.
Benefit from open collaboration and ongoing connection with peers in the acquisition community who are working to improve outcomes in digital service procurements.
Key program details
- This is an approximately 6-month program. The next class begins July 20.
- These 60 to 90 minute classes are mostly held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. A detailed schedule for each cohort is available on request.
Certification & Continuous Learning Points (CLPs)
- Earn the FAC-C-DS certification and up to 80 Continuous Learning Points (CLP) by mastering the skills needed for successful procurements in today’s digital world.
- You must have at least a FAC-C Level II certification, or at a minimum, be working towards your FAC-C Level II certification with a planned completion prior to the DITAP program’s conclusion.
- If you don’t meet this prerequisite, it may be waived by your agency's Senior Procurement Executive. This decision must be documented in writing and provided to the agency Acquisition Career Manager. (See the Establishment for DITAP Memo).
- $7000 per student
- Contact us to inquire about special rates for a dedicated cohort
Apply for training
- Enrollment is open now for the July Cohort. (You can also request training for a later date.)
- To request DITAP training, apply here!
What you'll learn
Digital services in 21st century government
The basics of modern digital services such as agile software delivery, human centered design, cloud computing, and X-as-a-service
Understand what you are buying
Skills to assess your customer’s needs, conduct market research, and figure out what digital solutions are the best fit
How to buy
Developing an acquisition strategy that accounts for customer needs, your agency’s digital maturity, and what services are available on the market
Awarding digital service contracts
Conducting and awarding Digital Service contracts, using and applying metrics and incentives appropriately, and applying proper course correction when necessary
Leadership and communication skills to help you be an ambassador for digital transformation and get stakeholder buy-in
How you'll learn
Blended learning experience
The DITAP curriculum includes a variety of learning mechanisms such as group discussions, interviewing and shadowing assignments, live virtual classes and case studies, and other dynamic elements to help you master concepts and practice techniques.
Our approach to DITAP is founded on the ethos of open sharing and collaboration essential to the success of digital service delivery. Learn alongside colleagues (from your own agency or with a blended group) who will become your future support network through participation in the DITAP alumni open learning community.
Expert, invested coaches
Our instructors bring years of training and change management experience in government to help you become a champion for modern procurement practices.
"My attendance in this class has exposed me to new material and resources to assist me in my day to day job. Thank you for this opportunity!" DITAP graduate
How is classroom training delivered during COVID-19?
All training will be virtual until public health considerations allow for in-person sessions.
What is the class size?
There is a minimum of 25 - 30 students per cohort. These could be all from one agency, or a blended group.
Is the training customizable?
Yes - we can help your agency achieve specific goals through DITAP as long as the training minimally meets the FAC-C-DS requirements from USDS. If you want a customized program that does not result in this certification, we are happy to discuss delivery of a specialized training that meets your needs.
How was DITAP created?
The U.S. Digital Service and Office of Federal Procurement Policy created the Digital Information Technology Acquisitions Professional (DITAP) program as a pilot community of informed IT procurement specialists to build expertise across federal agencies. Select digital service vendors are approved to deliver this training.
Is this training required?
Starting in 2022, all federal acquisition professionals managing contracts of $7M or greater will need the Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting Core-Plus Specialization in Digital Services (FAC-C-DS) certification provided by DITAP training.
When does the next DITAP training begin?
Enrollment is open now for the July Cohort. You can also request training for a later date. To apply for DITAP training, apply here!