- Organizational Strategy
- Social Impact Measurement
- Salsa Dancing
Victor loves helping people see better ways forward in the world.
He’s a strategist and educator who is deeply familiar with the goals and challenges of public sector organizations, and helps CivicActions develop strategies to maximize the positive social impact of our work alongside government agencies. You can see Victor’s transformative vision at work in education programs all over the globe, public policy on science and technology, and most recently at 18F, where he led product design, UX, and strategy to improve government digital services.
Victor has an S.B. in Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science from Harvard University and a PhD in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Rice University. He’s worked at Google, Department of Homeland Security, George Washington University, and the U.S. Agency for International Development. In or out of the office, there’s still no stopping Victor — off-hours you’ll find him teaching people how to be better teachers, conducting medical and engineering research, helping people with certified reproductive health counseling, leading salsa classes, and spreading delight as a singer in his male a cappella group.
Things Victor has been doing
- Designing training to help federal contracting officers bring better government services to the American public
- Guiding the development of a scientific literature portal for health researchers
- Helping agencies build teams of digital experts to support best practices for technology acquisition
- Conducting discovery to accelerate IT modernization at HUD Centers of Excellence
- Designing education programs to help increase digital literacy in India and around the world
- Promoting breastfeeding and infant health in Washington, D.C.
- Mentoring the next generation of leaders committed to serving society