- Education & Empowerment
- Government Transformation
- Public Interest Technology
- Free/Libre Software
Tony is a champion of technology for the public good.
He’s passionate about investing public resources in open source code to keep technology shareable and extensible. After 30 years providing technical and organizational strategy to government, nonprofit, and corporate entities, he’s now focused on empowering the next generation of leaders. At CivicActions, Tony mentors government IT staff in learning how to modernize digital services with agile development and free and open source software.
Tony attended the Center for Writers at University of Southern Mississippi before catching the entrepreneurial bug. But he still retains his love of literature — he enjoys mid-20th century novels and the tools of the craft: mechanical keyboards, typewriters, quality pens, and the great pencil used by John Steinbeck.
Things Tony has been doing
- Supporting a community of agile practitioners in government
- Improving processes and software at California Child Welfare Digital Services
- Promoting free and open source approaches to social problems
- Supporting opportunity access for the Deaf
- Leading technology infrastructure for the City of Northglenn, CO
- Advocating for delivery-driven government
The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. (Ralph Nader)Tony