- Persistent Problem Solving
- Lifelong Learning
- Extended Road Trips
Tom loves solving puzzles and squashing bugs (the programming kind).
As an engineer and “professional troubleshooter,” he inspires colleagues and clients with his unique approach — 60% patience, 30% creativity, and 10% humor. He is a champion listener and communicates well with just about anybody — from clients and stakeholders to programmers and designers. His decade of Drupal experience and previous work with nonprofits help him build user-focused experiences for the government agencies he now serves.
Tom is a bartender-turned-developer and a self-taught expert in his field who still appreciates a well crafted cocktail. He loves getting outside with his wife to explore Colorado’s stunning wilderness — and he actually enjoys shoveling snow.
Things Tom has been doing
- Helping Doctors Without Borders raise support to deliver global aid
- Keeping government workings open and accountable
- Leading the rebuilding of the U.S. Treasury website
- Building tools and processes for international collaboration
Well, ‘killed the world’ might be a bit of an overstatement. I would have gone with ‘introduced entropy.’Tom