- Agile Distributed Teams
- Content Strategy
- Outdoor Tomfoolery
Steve is an empathetic and adept facilitator.
His patience, curiosity, and organizational focus have helped guide CivicActions teams through agile projects of all sizes since 2011. With an eye on the greater good, Steve enjoys managing projects that support the missions of nonprofits and government agencies. He pays attention to the energy and ability of each individual in a project to help them do their best work. He’s also nimble with words, and assists the CivicActions proposal team as a writer and editor.
Steve has a B.A. in Music from Carleton College, an M.A. in Musicology from Cornell University, and is a Certified ScrumMaster. After nearly twenty years in NYC, Steve moved with his family to New Haven, CT, where perpetual home renovations keep him busy (but also provide an unexpectedly high dose of fun and satisfaction).
Things Steve has been doing
- Supporting transparency in state government
- Helping Doctors Without Borders raise support to deliver global aid
- Synthesizing user research to plan the future of a Department of Education website
- Facilitating open conversations about remote work
- Helping teams build user-directed digital products in just a few days
- “Do[ing] what great, grown-up indie rock has always done,” according to Rolling Stone
We’re all essentially masters of the way we approach our own work, yet deeply accountable to each other.Steve