- GIS & Data Analysis
- Customer Support
- Open Data
Stefanie is a plucky “tech lady data geek riot grrrl” with a heart of gold.
On the Project DKAN team, she helps organizations use their data to make a better world — which all starts with empathetic customer support and helpful trainings on how to use open data to tell stories and uncover solutions. A walking fountain of ideas with a can-do attitude, Stefanie has provided DKAN trainings from Sacramento to St. Lucia, in addition to working on QA, documentation, front-end design, and community-building.
Stefanie has a B.A. and M.A. in Geography from Hunter College, and a certification in GIS (Geographic Information Systems). She first started creating maps back in elementary school, tracking hurricane patterns in her hometown — nowadays a whirlwind of travel takes her all over the map. Coffee and cats help her keep it all in balance.
Things Stefanie has been doing
- Helping government organizations develop and maintain vast open data libraries
- Providing friendly support to the open data teams at U.S. Health and Human Services, U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, State of California, and State of Georgia
- Empowering adult education practitioners to learn and collaborate
- Sharing the power of open data to support government transparency and scientific collaboration
- Talking about her love of SimCity 2000
- Trying to beat the record for riding the NYC metro as part of a campaign to stop fare hikes
Be the Leslie Knope you wish to see in the world.Stefanie