- Problem Solving
- Data Automation
- Go (the programming language) and Go (the board game)
Owen has a lifelong love for technology as service.
He’s been programming since he was five. Now he touches all parts of development at CivicActions, from helping teams through the tough parts of major projects to creating technical tools and processes that benefit our clients and the greater open source community. Owen is perfectly at ease with both people and technology. His congeniality inspires both admiration and impish pranks from CivicActions engineers.
Owen has a B.S. in Environmental Science from Lancaster University. He taught math and science for three years in Malawi, where he met his wife and developed a love for African music. He enjoys gardening and being outdoors — and has occasionally been known to work on proposals from beside a pond in the woods.
Things Owen has been doing
- Developing new practice areas to match the brilliance of an ace team of civic engineers
- Building infrastructure for stronger internal processes and open source communities
- Diving deep into open source programming and container orchestration
- Maintaining tools and sharing knowledge with the Drupal community
- Building systems to connect a global network of telescopes as a scientific public resource
- Making the web faster
- Helping create a safe space for youth in crisis
Maxims are always stated as unconditional, when in fact they shouldn’t be.Owen