- Community Building
- Content Strategy
- Being Easily Amused
Melinda writes from the heart.
She uses the power of the written word to improve processes, share best practices, highlight impact, reveal potential, and sometimes stir up some healthy controversy -- always with an eye to the “why” behind the words and the users who will benefit from them. Melinda is also a community and culture advocate, so you can often find her mentoring and supporting her teammates, connecting people to good ideas and to each other.
Melinda seeks variety and diversity in all things. After a few years of “digital nomadism,” wandering the western United States in a Eurovan with her partner and three kids, she’s now happy to be found typing away on a porch somewhere in Oklahoma, hopefully watching a thunderstorm and petting a cat.
Things Melinda has been doing
- Helping government agencies build effective distributed teams
- Contributing to a content strategy that helps Veterans access health care and benefits online
- Demonstrating the impact of the work we do
- Building a network to support and connect government innovators
- Planning magical annual gatherings for our distributed team
- Keeping people at the center of government modernization
- Remodeling an Airstream and traveling cross-country in a Eurovan
- Celebrating the joys of remote work and advocating for parents who work from home
I appreciate a team with a solid work ethic, a culture of appreciation, and an extensive custom Slack-emoji collection.Melinda