- FOSS Licensing
- Getting Audited
- Thinking It Through
- Reading Contracts
Marc is a technologist, lawyer, and evangelist for free and open source software.
He lends his myriad skill sets to DevOps teams working on automated systems for government agencies. He also rather enjoys reading the contracts nobody wants to read and filling out paperwork nobody wants to deal with, in order to help agencies focus on serving constituents. He has advised state and federal agencies, universities, Fortune 100 companies, and several prominent open source projects.
Marc graduated from Quinnipiac University School of Law and holds a certificate in Data Protection Practice from the Law Society of Ireland. He lets his cats sleep on his desk while he’s working, and often finds himself traveling to unusual but unexciting locations.
Things Marc has been doing:
- Talking at LibrePlanet about Free and Open Source Software licensing in government
- Improving internal policies at CivicActions
- Providing pro bono legal work to free and open source software projects and nonprofits
- Managing technologies and systems for the University of Connecticut
- Hiking the woods of the Northeast and working on a goal to visit every National Park
If you are always working towards eliminating the need for your job, people will never stop offering you new jobs.Marc