- Civic Tech Startups
- Government Open Source SaaS
- Open Data
- Open Organizations
Luke is a source of momentum in the civic tech community.
An entrepreneur, writer, and all-around strategist, his energy and vision for new projects keeps civic tech moving forward with stronger dialogue and collaboration. At CivicActions he helps identify smart growth strategies for the company and individual team members, and contributes to special projects that support the wider open source and agile communities. He’s an instigator for efficient processes, well-defined metrics, and honest reflection.
Luke studied Government & Politics and International Studies at George Mason University, where he led the the GMU university newspaper to its first national Associated Collegiate Press honors as editor-in-chief. He enjoys mindful living near the California coast with his family.
Things Luke has been doing
- Founding a community of agile practitioners in government
- Supporting the growth of the DKAN open data platform
- Co-founding a digital transformation platform for local governments
- Founding a media platform to spotlight civic tech innovation
- Helping facilitate civic collaboration at community “unconferences”
- Promoting open source software in government
- Sharing and creating to spread innovation in civic technology
Every moment is a new opportunity.Luke