- Open Data
- Agile Project Management
- Polynesian Dance
Kim is an agile powerhouse.
Her enthusiasm for the systems and processes that help people work together keeps large-scale projects focused and on-time. She manages community engagement, complex projects, and ongoing professional services needs for the DKAN Open Data Platform. Kim communicates efficiently with all kinds of people — from developers to managers — and takes time to ask the right questions until everything is clear. She’s been called “a veritable fireball of energy”!
Kim has a B.A. from Columbia University and is a certified Scrum Master. A Hawaii native, she founded a Tahitain dance school in New York City to share her love of dance with her community. You’ll often find her enjoying the streets of NYC and petting other people’s dogs.
Things Kim has been doing
- Supporting divestment from the Dakota Access Pipeline
- Empowering international collaboration on global security
- Helping the Department of Energy promote energy efficient buildings
- Keeping data open for the US Department of Agriculture and World Bank
- Bringing Tahitian dance to New York City
- Empowering nonprofits with open source websites
- Fitting 20 words into a 10-word bag
Working at CivicActions, I have the potential to make a big impact on social change.Kim