- System Administration
Karen is curious, self-motivated, and addicted to learning.
She keeps software systems healthy and is constantly looking for ways to automate, standardize, and improve the way they work. She is known for tackling hard problems and coming up with creative, repeatable solutions.
Karen studied Art History at Bard College but soon fell in love with technology systems (especially GNU/Linux) — so she followed her heart and became a tech nerd. She’s also a darn good tango dancer and enthusiastic reader of science fiction.
Things Karen has been doing
- Helping global peace partners access information and share best practices
- Empowering adult education practitioners to learn and collaborate
- Establishing programs to help new hires feel safe, included, and comfortable
- Developing best security practices to ensure compliance and safety for all clients
- Volunteering to help preserve the history and practice of fanworks and fan culture
If I could be an ethical hacker, I’d totally do that.Karen