- Information Design
- Systems Thinking
- User Research
Jen likes hard problems that lead to unexpected discoveries.
At CivicActions, she blends research skills, analytic thinking, and creative intuition in her approach to tackling complex design challenges. A former project manager, she enjoys leading the UX process and facilitating team collaboration. She is adept at breaking down big challenges into smaller parts, and lifting up her teammates to help them accomplish their best work.
Jen holds a B.A. in Art from Yale, an M.F.A. from Queens College of the City University of New York, and a 2012 Fellowship in Painting from the New York Foundation for the Arts. Before joining CivicActions, she worked in museums, made botanical illustrations in South India, and designed remarkably clever veggie pun t-shirts.
Things Jen has been doing
- Creating a collaboration platform for global peace partners
- Helping a federal agency protect public health and safety
- Working with a San Francisco agency to help Californians make healthy choices
- Sharing best practices for a user-centered approach to information architecture
- Compiling an open-source handbook for the CivicActions team
- Using art to support women’s rights and foster creativity and inclusion
- Creating paintings in Los Angeles