- Web Accessibility
Iris bridges the gap between code and design.
She keeps an eye on the evolving nature of the web and creates beautiful, functional front-end experiences by integrating design and development. Iris’ forward-thinking technical leadership has benefitted nonprofit and government clients, while her patient mentorship helps team members grow their skills. She has a talent for explaining technical concepts in an approachable way.
Iris has a Bachelor's in Electronic Engineering from the University of Nigeria. She loves a good challenge, from fixing mysterious bugs to solving crossword puzzles. She invests in raising her two young children with the same spirit and kindness she brings to work.
Things Iris has been doing
- Helping Doctors Without Borders redesign their site to raise support to deliver global aid
- Ensuring riders of the New York subway system know when their train is going to arrive
- Building a platform to increase transparency for state government proceedings
- Creating easy-to-find resources for LA business owners
- Moving the U.S. House of Representatives to a modern, secure online platform
- Finding clever ways to integrate design and development with Drupal
At CivicActions, tough conversations are encouraged and dissenting opinions are aired in an atmosphere of respect — with a willingness to understand other people’s points of view.Iris