- Servant Leadership
- Free & Open Source Software
- Radical Curiosity & Transparency
Henry envisions and creates the change he wants to see in the world.
His strong intuition for the power of technology to transform government (and the planet) has guided CivicActions since he co-founded the company in 2004. He’s an unconventional thinker with over 30 years of experience in IT, and his creative leadership empowers government agencies to open the doors to innovation and change. Henry serves on the board of the Free Software Foundation and has a hand in many other ventures to promote a more open, democratic world.
Henry is responsible for the first blog by a U.S. congressman and one of the first internet agencies. When he’s not imagining new ways to change the world, he enjoys gardening and creating meditative drawings of mazes.
Things Henry has been doing
- Creating code earth to help reverse global warming
- Helping government understand and use free and open source software
- Closing loopholes to keep software open and respect the freedom of users
- Teaching others how to transform government without ego
- Helping people take meditation breaks
- Talking about the transformative effects of agile procurement
- Helping CivicActions connect the dots between our work and our vision
Gain or Drain.Henry