- Chuck Norris Jokes
Greg believes that openness and security can work together to improve government IT.
He helps our government partners efficiently integrate cyber security and compliance into the development process. Under Greg’s expert guidance, security is an asset — never a hindrance— to achieving project goals. He has held IT leadership roles in government and mission-driven organizations and has worked for years to simplify thorny compliance issues — which is why he’s able to make the navigation of complex FISMA requirements seem easy.
Greg has a Masters of Interactive Telecommunications from New York University, is the founder of several companies and nonprofits, and served on the White House Taskforce for Smart Disclosure. He routinely speaks on open government data and security, and can explain the semantic web in five minutes.
Things Greg has been doing
- Explaining why compliance isn’t security (and how it can actually help IT grow)
- Creating an open source toolkit that makes security compliance easier for government
- Sharing how agencies can make the switch to compliance-as-code
- Talking about the future of government security
- Working to automate the compliance reporting process for the Defense Security Cooperation Agency
- Making data an asset for daily use at the Federal Communications Commission
- Founding an open source community to help make government data open and transparent
The way to stay current is by making your goals into a daily practice.Greg