- Recruiting for Diversity
- Data & Processes
- Civil Dissent
Grace is committed to work that has a large impact on people’s lives.
She discovered the power of civic technology while working for the U.S. Digital Service. Now she helps CivicActions recruit talented people who are also passionate about transforming government services. Grace draws on experience and sound strategy for managing an efficient, equitable hiring process. Core competencies, data, and empathy for candidates guides her work.
Grace has a Bachelor’s in English Literature, with a Minor in Women’s and Gender Studies from Georgetown University, where she was involved in feminist organizing on campus. She enjoys reading and yoga, but her newest, geekiest pleasure since entering civic tech is Dungeons & Dragons.
Things Grace has been doing
- Showing up at conferences that support diversity in the tech industry
- Helping the U.S. Digital Service hire and empower great people
- Coordinating events that bring students and faculty to the library
- Advocating for women’s rights with intersectional grassroots activism
- Committing to her yoga practice
- Joining a book club and reading for funagain
Good hiring practices respect the vulnerability and courage it takes for everyone who applies.Grace