- Elegant Documentation
- Security Parables
Fen loves to create solutions for problems before they arise.
His current mission is to empower better government by delivering free and open source software (FOSS) security and compliance solutions that improve upon previous proprietary systems. He’s also working on automating the ATO process, making it easier for agencies to do business securely. He applies over twenty years of IT experience (and a relentless sense of humor) to mentor CivicActions engineers in creating modern, secure systems for clients.
Fen has a Security+ certificate and is a long-time advocate of handling information wisely. His Computer Science and Electrical Engineering thesis at MIT presaged the privacy concerns facing today’s Internet and social media platforms. His close-knit family enjoys traveling to historic locations, campaigning for a greener Earth, and playing/cheering at hockey games.
Things Fen has been doing
- Helping the CivicActions team stay vigilant
- Protecting government information for Defense Security Cooperation Agency, Department of Education and the U.S. Health and Human Services
- Sharing DevSecOps insights with the agile government community
- Brainstorming ways to empower government transparency
- Sharing how an agile approach can keep government systems secure
- Giving tips on baking security into Drupal and agile processes
Security is never ‘done’.Fen