- Front-end Development
- Drupal Enthusiast
- Community Building
Dustin loves bringing people together.
He’s a jack-of-all trades who helps fill in gaps using his wide-ranging knowledge and solid communication skills. His knack for building bridges and fixing things makes him a valuable member of the open source community, and he strongly identifies with the “leave it better than you found it” ethos. When he’s not making things better for government clients, you can find him at the local Drupal User Group Meetup learning from his peers and helping new users scale the Drupal 'Cliffs of Insanity.'
Dustin has a B.A. in English from University of California Davis and is a self-taught Drupal pro. He’s also a published author. His idea of fun falls into both the “nerd” and “jock” categories — he loves science fiction, fantasy, and zany shirts, but also enjoys watching sportsball.
Things Dustin has been doing
- Helping the Department of Justice perform large site migrations
- Using elaborate Jurassic Park metaphors to explain the pros and cons of personalization
- Helping organizations connect with audiences using Drupal-powered personalization
- Helping the state of California support sustainable waterways and healthy ecosystems
- Planning a convening of Drupal enthusiasts in Los Angeles
- Organizing tech-savvy Burners to support the annual bohemian desert festival
- Enjoying the zen of free-diving off the California coast
- Sporting yellow-and-black stripes as referee for his kids’ soccer league
Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' (Shawshank Redemption)Dustin