- Open Data
- Political Organizing
- Urban Gardening
Dan works tirelessly to solve problems on a global scale.
He provides technical leadership for CivicActions’ DKAN open data platform, guiding product design and architectural decisions to serve customers and the wider open data community. He has a deep empathy for others that fuels his determination to make DKAN the best it can possibly be for the organizations that are using data to help people. Before joining CivicActions, Dan worked as a journalist, translator, and web developer for human rights organizations.
Dan has a B.A. in Journalism and Social Theory from Boston University. He frequently travels to Columbia, where he used to live while working as a journalist. Now Dan lives in an old house in an old neighborhood of Philly, with his cat, dog, and partner.
Things Dan has been doing
- Facilitating the leadership transition for DKAN Open Data Portal
- Helping the USDA empower scientists to publish and share critical research data
- Exploring new organizational frameworks built on decentralized decision-making
- Sharing the benefits of open data for scientific publishing
- Organizing for peace, democracy, and human rights
- Getting his hands dirty at the neighborhood community garden