- All The Technologies (well, almost)
- Sustainable Workflows
- Rapid Prototyping
- Bridging Knowledge Gaps
Bob loves working with creative teams on intractable problems.
He’s a veteran of public-sector projects, full of tales of IT triumph and daring ideas (ask him about the time his wayward public engagement project generated a proposal to shut down the White House email system for a week — using seven Macs and a good internet connection). But seriously: he knows what it takes to get people working together to create long-term change. His development expertise comes with well-formed technical documentation and practical project management skills.
Bob has a B.A. from American University in Washington, D.C. and was recognized as Best Public Interest Developer by NTEN in 2002. He loves outdoor sports like kayaking, fishing, and sailing — and has spent considerable time perfecting the art of making brick oven pizza at high altitudes.
Things Bob has been doing
- Building a platform to empower international collaboration on security
- Leveraging technology to help Californians make healthy choices
- Leading the growth of CivicActions’ Drupal service offerings
- Working to build a service site for Tesla Motors (in just six weeks)
- Developing and launching International Network to Promote the Rule of Law
- Promoting world peace by putting IT to work for the U.S. Institute of Peace and the Virtual Diplomacy Initiative
- Performing psychedelic party music and folksy blues
There’s no reason for us to be stupid anymore.Bob