- Drupal Architecture
- Clarity and Calmness
- Project Whisperer
- Ice Climbing
Andy is dedicated to building progressive culture through patience and communication.
With twenty years of technical leadership (the last decade devoted to Drupal), he uncovers creative ways of solving problems for agencies. Andy models clear communication and helps teams get to the root of a project in order to build what is needed. He aims to cultivate positive change in government by seeding a culture of openness and learning, which brought him back to CivicActions in 2016 after a stint as a Technical Architect at Acquia.
Andy has also served as CTO and VP of Technology at leading interactive agencies in Denver. He’s passionate about transformative social change, including environmental protection and mental health issues. You’ll often find Andy and his wife Val teaching mountaineering, rock climbing, and ice climbing in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains . . . unless it’s the first week of September, in which case you’ll find Andy at Burning Man.
Things Andy has been doing
- Moving the U.S. House of Representatives to a modern, secure online platform
- Re-architecting the Treasury Department to align with U.S. Web Design Standards
- Using Drupal and Internet of Things to help NYC subway riders get there on time
- Helping the Drug Enforcement Administration protect and serve the public
- Architecting large-scale enterprise Drupal sites at Acquia
- Teaching folks to climb and explore at the Colorado Mountain Club
- Keeping the tunes on fire at Burning Man
At CivicActions everything is done intentionally and with great purpose. We try to bring this authenticity to everyone we work with.Andy