- Bringing People Together
- Government Leadership
- Technical Strategy
Andrew approaches problems from a cosmic perspective.
As an open source technology entrepreneur, he builds partnerships and creates tools that help governments work toward a decentralized, egalitarian, and democratic planet. Andrew co-founded the organization that created DKAN, an open source platform for hundreds of government open data sites worldwide, and continues to serve the DKAN open data community at its new home at CivicActions.
Andrew has an M.S. in Environmental Science from the University of California Berkeley and a B.S. in Planetary Science from Brown University. He served as the first-ever Chief Information Officer of the New York State Senate and was named State CIO of the Year in 2010. He is a blockchain enthusiast and loves traveling to places with mountains and snow.
Things Andrew has been doing
- Helping government harness the power of open data
- Writing about the potential of blockchain to improve government efficiency
- Building a data-based healthcare startup to empower patients
- Serving as a Global Impact Entrepreneur
- Supporting open and accountable governance across the globe
- Leading the creation of the first government Github repository in the world
- Improving transparency between NASA programs and the public
Government sharing is government caring.Andrew