- Distributed Team Culture
- Federal Procurement
- Free and Open Source Software
Aaron is passionate about helping people live their values.
He uplifts the mission and people of CivicActions by hiring the right talent, promoting professional development, and sharing our work with others. His open-hearted approach helps nurture a healthy and balanced company culture, allowing CivicActioners to communicate openly and bring their authentic selves to work. Aaron is a co-founder of Agile Government Leadership and promotes agile procurement practices and cultural change for government organizations.
Aaron has been contributing to the building of an open, transparent IT industry for over twenty years, and served at the U.S. Digital Service in the Obama White House. He lives in an intentional community in Costa Rica with his family, where he enjoys nature walks, photography, and podcasts. Occasionally an exotic bird can be heard in his background during work calls.
Things Aaron has been doing
- Promoting a culture of openness and radical transparency
- Facilitating a community of agile innovators in government
- Improving the way federal government buys technology as a member of the “Procuremenati” at the U.S. Digital Service
- Sharing the key components of agile procurement
- Empowering local governments with digital services that are easy to set up
- Supporting a platform for stronger community building through evolved webinars
Let’s get curious about the impossible and see what happens.Aaron