- Open Data
- Social Justice
Aaron loves sharing technology for the greater good.
As the creator of DKAN, he works with the development team to maintain a Drupal-based open data platform that allows organizations to publish and organize information. Aaron’s innovative work in civic technology is backed by a fierce commitment to open source software and years of experience in Drupal development.
Aaron has a B.A. from the University of Pennsylvania. He is the founder of several companies and a lifelong advocate for social change. He lives with his partner, and daughter in the Roxborough neighborhood in Philadelphia — and occasionally works from the car so his daughter can take a nap in the carseat and his partner can catch a break.
Things Aaron has been doing
- Providing open data services and products
- Maintaining resources to help developers build custom data visualization tools
- Creating and maintaining a Drupal-based open data platform
- Building full-service open source software-as-a-service for the public sector
- Helping people break the cycle of homelessness
- Promoting justice and supporting the voices of communities fighting for change
- Writing for the Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Daily News, and Metro
It is crazy that we spend public funds on private code.Aaron