Traditional procurement practices lack the flexibility to help Federal agencies buy and deliver modern digital services. As the technological landscape continues to evolve and public expectation for government digital services increases, procurement officers need to learn how current regulations can be adapted to modular contracts and software development best practices.
The U.S. Digital Service and Office of Federal Procurement Policy created the Digital Information Technology Acquisitions Professional (DITAP) program as a pilot community of informed IT procurement specialists to build expertise across Federal agencies. CivicActions offers DITAP training to support the development of modern acquisition strategies for digital transformation.
This might be one of the most impactful things the USDS does over time. Eddie Hartwig, U.S. Digital Service Acting Deputy Director
Who is DITAP Training For?
Starting in 2022, all Federal acquisition professionals managing contracts of $7M or greater will need the FAC-C-DS certification provided by DITAP training. Whether or not you need a certification, learning about modern digital services delivery can benefit many agency leaders, including:
- Procurement Officials seeking to develop expertise in modern IT contracts
- Project and Program Managers learning to structure projects for digital service delivery
- Legal teams advising agencies on FOSS licensing and digital services contracts
- Technical Managers approaching new open source and shared technology services
- Finance Officers looking to maximize technology investments
Expert, invested coaches
Our team of design and technology experts is committed to transforming how government procures, develops, and delivers digital services. CivicActions DITAP training is shaped by years of work alongside state and federal staff on modern IT projects.
Blended learning environments
Focused in-person classroom sessions form the foundation for extended learning online.
CivicActions DITAP trainings are modeled on the same culture of open collaboration and learning that supports effective digital service delivery. Learners connect with peers in the acquisition community so they can benefit from shared knowledge and support.
The DITAP Foundation course is for learners seeking to lead change in digital service procurement. This course fulfills the requirements of the FAC-C-DS Certification. Graduates earn up to 80 CLP.
- Digital Services in 21st Century Government
- How to Understand What You Are Buying
- Acquisition Techniques: How To Buy
- Awarding & Administering Digital Service Contracts
- Leading Change as a Digital IT Acquisition Professional
Registration now open
- Date: Next course tentatively scheduled to begin January or February 2019
- Duration: Approximately 5 months
- Schedule: Total of four 3-day classroom sessions scheduled approximately 4-6 weeks apart
- Location: Washington DC
- Class size: 20-30 learners
- Cost: $6,000 per learner
We are currently developing an optional course for advanced learners looking to deepen their expertise in digital services delivery and culture. Please pre-register to receive information on future training schedules.
- Digital Services Team Culture
- Digital Services Community and Collaboration
- FOSS Licensing and Legal Considerations
- Advanced Techniques for Digital Services Delivery
- Curriculum currently in development
- Date: First class tentatively scheduled to begin May 2019
- Pre-register to express interest.
To enroll in DITAP courses, express interest in future offerings, or get more information, contact Tony Fortenberry, Director of Education Services at: [email protected]