We believe in the power of open data — standardized, machine-readable, trustworthy, and publicly accessible data that anyone can use and redistribute. When data is open, so are opportunities for creativity, collaboration, and innovation.
DKAN is a community-driven, Drupal-based open data platform used worldwide by governments of all levels, nonprofits, international organizations, and private companies.
The original developers of DKAN and its core maintainers work at CivicActions, continually improving the product according to the needs of the community and the most up to date technology while providing outstanding services to our clients.
CivicActions DKAN services include:
- Implementation of your open data platform from start to finish
- New features and modifications to meet your unique needs
- Support through upgrades, helpdesk services, and more
- Training for your technical and program staff on using and developing the platform in keeping with open data best practices
- SaaS hosted versions of DKAN with enterprise support, uptime SLAs, and federal-level security compliance
CivicActions provides DKAN implementation, support, and training for:
- Federal, state, or local government agencies seeking to share information about education, the environment, health care, transportation, and more
- Companies looking to share data across their organization
- Citizens, researchers, students, and journalists who wish to access and utilize public data
- Nonprofits, NGOs, or universities that want to open up their research findings
with robust, standards-compliant metadata options, including custom fields
in almost any format from csv to pdf to geojson and many more
and data previews in table, chart, and map form
by title, metadata, tags, descriptions, publisher, and custom options
to create compelling narratives around your data
to manage permissions and organize data by publisher
options so your platform works for users anywhere in the world
to support your data curation process
from other sources for a seamless experience between locally and remotely hosted files