Video of my “Cultivating Extraordinary Culture on Distributed Teams” presentation at Drupal GovCon 2015 is now available (slides).
Culture is the most essential element in building healthy and high-performing teams.
A positive work environment makes team members feel appreciated, builds a sense of community, and helps foster overall job satisfaction.
However, all too often, company culture is considered an after-thought, and addressed way too late after the “core” business needs are met.
The distributed (“remote”) team offers additional challenges, as co-workers miss many of the traditional culture sustaining activities around the watercooler, over drinks, or after work hours.
In this session we will explore the topics:
- Choosing the best collaboration tools for distributed teams
- Improving remote team engagement and sustainable performance
- Building a sense of community and opportunities for learning and growth
- Best practices for to balancing work and home life
- Managing conflict, issues and “bad apples”
- Finding mission, meaning and significance in at work
This session will include both a presentation and a facilitated open discussion to elicit the wisdom of the participants.